#navbar { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none }
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Monday, October 08, 2007

Check Cards: 4 Things You Must Avoid

Check Cards: 4 Things You Must Avoid

Check Cards otherwise known as debit cards are very popular. Most double as a credit card and/or debit ATM card.

Do you have one? I do.

When they first came out I hated them because it was difficult to balance my checking account. I didn't understand how to use the card.

After all, the money withdrawn to pay for a transaction is instantly deducted from your checking account.

Keeping track can really be a challenge if you don't record your purchases.

I eventually got used to managing my money so I would not over spend. Let's face it, if all the money you have is in your checking account the misuse of your check card can easily start a series of overdrafts and create a big mess you don't want to be involved in.

Here are 4 terms you must be familiar with to avoid a disaster, they are:

  1. Account overdraft
  2. Blocking
  3. Transaction limits
  4. PIN versus signatures

I vaguely recognized these terms when I first read them myself so don't feel bad.

Here is an informative article on the subject of check cards.

Check it out here:

Beware debit card problems -- "...Overdrawing your checking account and hitting daily usage limits are just two problems."

Thanks for viewing,

Curtd

Don't forget to visit my website at www.101-credit-debt-finance.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home